Well I’ve done a bit more experimenting and come up with another grain free recipe. (Though in truth this one wasn’t too hard, as you will see).
Okay, for Moroccan Chicken you will need
- ~ 500g free range chicken breast
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin Seeds
- A pinch each of oregano, coriander and thyme (or your favourite herbs)
Place the zest, juice, spices and herbs in a bowl and mix. Add the chicken breast, cut into preferred sizes. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 15 minutes – the longer you marinate the better.
To cook, hand over to your barbecue specialist and let him/her take charge. 🙂
This marinade has a fresh, zesty aftertaste. Your first mouthful might not grab your tastebuds, but by the end of the mean you’ll be repeating, ‘that was really nice’. At least I hope you will.
I found thick garlic mash potato (I use only butter and a dollop of organic cream to mash) and some steamed pumpkin accompanied the chicken very well.
Hope you enjoy it!