Well, the characters in my current novel are not only getting their stories straight, but they’re sharing them with me. So progress is happening. Hooray!
To celebrate I’m going to share a grain free recipe for chocolate cake made from plantain flour.
- 4oz/120g butter
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup plantain flour
- 1/2 cup mix of cocoa and your favourite drinking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan-forced
- In a separate bowl mix plantain flour, cocoa mix, baking soda and cream of tartar
- Soften butter then add sugar and mix well
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well
- Add half the dry mix of plantain flour etc and mix well
- Add half the milk, mix well
- Add remainder of flour then remainder of milk and mix well
- Pour mixture into a greased, non-stick cake pan (seven or eight inches) and bake for approximately 25 mins.
Hope you enjoy!